9 HVAC Troubleshooting Tips to Keep You Warm This Winter
When the temperature decreases, the last thing you want is for your furnace to stop working. Unfortunately, furnace problems are very common in the winter months. If your home isn’t as warm as you’d like it to be this winter, don’t hesitate to contact us for immediate assistance. There are a few things you can try to do yourself to troubleshoot the problem. However, if you can’t solve the problems independently, Climate & Energy Solutions is one of the most reliable HVAC contractors in Chico, CA.
Here are 9 tips to help you keep your home cozy all winter:
- Check the thermostat: The first thing you should do if your furnace stops working is to check the thermostat. Make sure it’s turned on and set to “heat.” If the problem persists, try changing the batteries in the thermostat.
- Examine the furnace filter: Dirty furnace filters are another common issue. A clean filter allows air to flow freely through the furnace, whereas a dirty filter can restrict airflow and cause the furnace to overheat.
- Look for power issues: A power outage could be the cause of your furnace not turning on at all. First, determine whether the circuit breaker has tripped. You will have to restart it and try again.
- Inspect the blower belt: If the furnace is turning on but not blowing any air, there may be an issue with the blower belt. Inspect the belt to see if it’s broken or loose. If it is broken, it needs to be replaced.
- Check the flue pipe: Another possibility is that the flue pipe is blocked. The flue pipe carries waste gasses from the furnace out of your home. Those gasses can build up if blocked and cause the furnace to overheat.
- Inspect the burners: If the furnace is turning on but not producing any heat, there may be an issue with the burners. Inspect the burners to ensure they’re clean and free of debris.
- Inspect for leaks: Leaking gas is a serious issue that should be dealt with immediately. If you smell gas, turn off the furnace and call a professional.
- Listen for strange noises: If you notice any strange noises from the furnace, it’s best to shut it off and call a professional.
- Call a professional: If you’ve tried all these troubleshooting tips and still have issues with your furnace, it’s time to call a professional. HVAC contractors are trained to deal with all sorts of furnace problems, so they can quickly diagnose the issue and get your furnace up and running again.
By following these tips, you can troubleshoot any heating issues you might have in your home this winter. Climate & Energy Solutions is here to help with all your furnace needs if you continue to have issues and require assistance. We offer a heating replacement in Chico, CA, as well as repair and maintenance services.
Contact Climate & Energy Solutions for more information at (530) 338-0191.