A noisy furnace can be an annoying HVAC malfunction. Although a little clicking noise is expected while turning on the furnace, it should not make any other strange noises. Out of all the heating noises, a buzzing sound is the most common furnace malfunction.
The consistent buzzing noise after a heating installation in Chico, CA, overpowers the pleasing furnace warmth and makes you uncomfortable. You can fix the disturbing buzzing noises if you know the source of the noise.
Tips To Fix The Buzzing Furnace Noise
The reasons that lead to the furnace making loud buzzing noises usually need repairs. When the problem becomes frequent and the HVAC mechanism is severely damaged, you may need a heating replacement in Chico, CA.
- Check Transformer Box: Placing a transformer box is also included in the heating installation in Chico, CA. It converts the voltage to the power required for heating. The transformer box’s loose mount or any internal part can lead to buzzing noises.
Usually, poorly installed transformer box cause this problem. Although you only have to tighten the screw to fix it, you should call the technician for this task because it involves electrical risks.
- Fix Starter Capacitor: The starter capacitor is responsible for maintaining the heating cycle of the furnace. It does not make any sound while running. If you hear buzzing noise from the furnace, there is some damage in the starter capacitor.
This should not lead to heating replacement in Chico, CA; you only need an inexpensive repair service.
- Blown Blower Motor: Any electric failure can burn or damage the blower motor. Poor lubrication and old motors also cause buzzing noises.
- Ductwork Is Loose: If you hear buzzing noise from air vents instead of the furnace unit, it is probably due to some issues in the ductwork. If the ductwork is poorly installed or improperly sized during heating installation in Chico, CA, it can cause problems with the air pressure circulating in the ducts.
The high air pressure loosens the metal part of the HVAC and causes buzzing noises. Contact the technician to fix the air ducts.
Other Factors Responsible For A Noisy Furnace
The furnace system does not only produce a buzzing noise. Poor heating installation in Chico, CA, including a dirty filter and air duct, blocked motor, faulty flame sensor, etc., can also cause strange noises. The ways to prevent furnace noises are by;
- Replacing the furnace air filter once every 3 to 6 months.
- Scheduling a deep cleaning service for ductwork once every three years.
- Lubricating the motor by reading the manufacturer’s manual.
- Cleaning the dirty flame sensor, and get it repaired if you inspect the damage.
A 10 to 15-year-old furnace makes strange operating noises due to poor condition. At this stage the best option is to consider a heating replacement in Chico, CA, to resolve the issue.
Do not ignore strange noises in your HVAC system. This can cause more damage to the HVAC if you neglect repair. If your HVAC makes odd noises, and for any other heating issues, contact Climate Energy Solution for furnace repairs and heating replacement in Chico, CA,
Contact us at 530-338-0191 today, and our technicians will be happy to assist you.