A ductless mini-split, the most common type of mini-split system, can be more cost-effective than a conventional air conditioning and heating system because it doesn’t require any ductwork. Heating and cooling bedrooms and small rooms using a ductless mini-split system are excellent alternatives.
It may tempt DIY enthusiasts to tackle the installation of a split-system air conditioner on their own, but unless they have the proper training and certification, it’s better to leave the job to the pros.
Installing The Mini-Split On Your Own
Putting in an air conditioning unit is probably best left to the experts. Installing the mini split unit is fairly an easy task. The lines are set up quickly and easily.
It has no-tools-required connectors and is pre-charged with refrigerant before delivery. All that remains is to screw the two main units into place and link the line set to the condenser.
Time Required To Install A Mini-Split Unit
The labor time for a professional to install a ductless mini-split system is low, clocking in at just a few hours. Dealing with elaborate multi-room systems can take two or three days.
Drilling the ductless access hole, passing the wires through, mounting the brackets, and finally attaching the micro split unit constitute the entirety of the installation process.
Tasks Involved In The Installation
Experts for ductless replacements in Chico, CA, are qualified professionals installing HVAC systems. These installers repair and maintain air conditioners. Therefore, they are experts in the field overall.
Installing The Indoor Unit
- Find a spot on an interior wall that is free of obstructions.
- Attach the wall plate to the inside of a wall.
- Cut a hole in the wall that is 3 inches (7.6 centimeters) in diameter to run the pipes outside.
- Create a passageway in the wall for the pipes and cables, and then attach them to the device.
- Attach the indoor unit to the wall plate securely.
Installing The Outdoor Unit
- Put the outdoor unit somewhere that won’t get too hot, dusty, or crowded.
- Put down a slab of concrete.
- Protect the outside unit by bolting it to the base.
- Inspect the outdoor unit’s electrical connections.
- Join the outdoor unit with ductwork and cables.
Cost of Installation
The cost of a mini-split air conditioning unit itself is typically between $1,500 and $4,000. Depending on the complexity of the installation and the number of devices you need set up, a standard installation or labor can cost anywhere from $300 to $1,000.
Indoor models placed on a wall or ceiling might cost anything from $400 to $1,800. Some mini-split systems, especially those with several interior units and complicated installs, can cost more than $2,000.
Setting up a tiny split system can be challenging. Since a correctly fitted split system or air conditioner is essential to your comfort, Climate Energy Solutions can make every effort to ensure that our professionals and installers provide the finest quality service possible. Contact us to schedule an appointment for ductless AC repair in Chico, CA.