Many homeowners worry about their air conditioning systems as the summer months approach. During a heatwave, the last thing anyone wants to do is be trapped inside a warm, stuffy home. However, some people may not be sure when they should repair their air conditioner or if they should consider a replacement instead.
Climate & Energy Solutions is here to help you make the right decision for your home. We have years of experience as a reliable HVAC contractor in Oroville, CA, and can help you find the right system for your home. Don’t delay; contact us today to book an appointment for AC replacement in Oroville, CA, and the surrounding areas.
Signs That You Should Replace Your Air Conditioner
Here are several telltale signals that it might be best to replace your air conditioner rather than attempt to fix it:
- Age: Most air conditioners have an average lifespan of 15 to 20 years. If your AC is getting close to this age, it may be time to start considering a replacement. As the unit ages, it becomes less energy efficient and less reliable. You may also pay for frequent repairs, which can add up over time.
- Inefficient Performance: If your air conditioner is not cooling your home effectively, it may be time to replace it. An old, worn-out unit may not be able to keep up with the cooling demand of your home. A newer, high-efficiency air conditioner will cool your home better and save you money on energy bills.
- High Energy Bills: If your energy bills have been steadily increasing, your air conditioner may be the culprit. An old, inefficient unit will use more energy to cool your home. A newer, high-efficiency unit will use less energy, reducing your monthly energy bills.
- Frequent Repairs: If you have been repairing your air conditioner multiple times yearly, it may be time to replace it. Repair costs can quickly accumulate, and investing in a new unit is likely the better option.
- Strange Sounds: If you hear strange noises from your air conditioner, such as grinding or squealing, it may be time to replace them. These noises can indicate that a component is wearing out and may need to be replaced soon.
- Short Cycling: If your AC unit is constantly turning on and off, it may be short cycling. It is a sign of a malfunctioning unit and can lead to various problems, including increased energy consumption, decreased efficiency, and reduced lifespan. This can indicate that the unit is not functioning correctly and needs to be replaced.
If you notice these signs, it may be time to replace your air conditioning unit. Climate & Energy Solutions offers professional AC installation in Oroville, CA, and the surrounding areas. Our team of experienced technicians can assess your home’s cooling needs and recommend the best solution for your home. We use only the highest quality air conditioners from top brands and guarantee your satisfaction with our work. For additional details or to make an appointment, reach out to us today!