During the cold winters, heating installation in Chico, CA, is a necessity. Therefore, we get your home equipped with a furnace system to maintain a favorable temperature indoors. A furnace has a simple mechanism to provide hot air. Including the following:
- The ignitor lights the pilot light using a gas or oil source.
- The flame of the pilot light makes the metal heat exchanger extremely hot.
- When the cool air is in contact with the hot heat exchanger, it transforms into hot air.
- The blower transfers this hot air into the ductwork, and we receive hot air through air ducts.
These are tasks a furnace is supposed to perform, but what if your furnace is blowing cold air?
Reasons For A Furnace Blowing Cold Air
Generally, the furnace works with three sources: gas, oil, and electricity. Whatever heating source your furnace uses, the reasons for blowing cold air are identical.
- Ignition Failure: Sometimes, the ignitor fails to light the pilot light and ceases the entire working process of the furnace. You can fix this problem by resetting the ignitor. Turn off the gas valve, wait for 5 minutes, and then set the gas valve to the pilot position.
After this, press the reset button for 20 to 25 seconds and turn the gas valve ON. You should contact one of our technicians if the ignitor still fails to light the flame.
- Thermostat Failure: A thermostat can make furnace performance ineffective due to dead batteries, continuously running fans or incorrect temperature settings. Change the batteries of your thermostat and then reset the temperature. In addition to this, make sure you have set the fan to “Auto” mode.
- Not Enough Fuel: The fuel provides the hot air you get from the furnace. If there is insufficient gas in the central heating system, it will blow cold air. You will have to contact our technician to fix this problem. Insufficient fuel can also be caused due to incorrect gas filling during heating installation in Chico, CA.
- Overheated Furnace: When your furnace becomes overheated due to too much dirt or poor power supply connections, the gas ignitor will automatically stop the flame for safety reasons. If it happens often, contact one of our technicians. Ensure your furnace is clean and serviced twice a year.
- A Faulty Heat Exchanger: The heat exchanger transforms the cool air into hot air, but if it is cracked, the cool air will come through the ductwork. You will have to get it repaired by our technicians.
- Furnace System is Too Old: If your furnace is older than 10 to 12 years, the deteriorated mechanism leads to many malfunctions in the furnace system. Furnace-blowing cold air is one of those malfunctions. After the furnace inspection, our technician will let you know whether you need an HVAC repair or heating replacement in Chico, CA.
If you require a heating repair or heating replacement in Chico, CA, Climate Energy Solutions can help you. We have qualified technicians who are focused and dedicated. We never try to overcharge or sell unnecessary services to our customers. All of our HVAC and solar energy products also come with a guarantee. Call us today to hire the most efficient HVAC professionals in Chico, CA.